strange IBMs

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Tue Mar 10 13:27:08 1998

   This morning I went to a trift store and found an IBM PC that said
"Personal Computer 3270". How rare are these? I've never seen one before.
I have seen AT 3270s but not a PC. This one had a full height hard drive
with IBM logo on it and a full height 5 1/4" floppy drive with IBM's logo.
It had model 5271 marked on the back.

  Also a few weeks ago I saw an IBM AT that was marked "Personnal Computer
AT Store Controller". What is it for? I've never heard of one. The owner
said that he had already "modified it" to make it a regular computer.

  Joe