digital group Z80 computer

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Thu Mar 12 22:01:34 1998

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Bill Richman wrote:

> My best friend in high school built one of those - it was really cool.
> His had "phi-deck" high-speed cassette tape drives - it always looked
> so busy and efficient whirring the tapes back and forth and loading
> and unloading the heads. I built an IMSAI 8080 at the same time. I'd
> love to have a digital group system to go with it. I'd give yours a
> good home with my IMSAI and my Heathkit H-89. What do you say? If
> there's a lot of interest, maybe you should hold an auction...

Haggle Online (www.haggle.com) has a "private auction" category that lets
you create an auction that doesn't get listed in any of the public
categories so you can duke it out among yourselves if you list it there
(and it's free).

Speaking of IMSAI's, I just bought a PROM/RAM board from somebody (it's on
its way) without knowing exactly what it is (that's my standard MO). All
I know is that it's a Vector Graphics board for an IMSAI (and comes with
the original receipt from IMS, as well as an original IMSAI catalog!) and
I can tell from Bill R's Tandy catalog
        (http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/Tandy_TOC_Frames_Page.htm)
that it was intended as a front-panel replacement (are your fingers red
and swolen?).

My guess is that a PROM/RAM board is sort of a ROM emulator. Am I close,
or is it just a board that can handle PROMs and RAMs?

-- Doug