Getting bent (ON topic if not thread)

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Fri Mar 13 20:23:22 1998

Jack Peacock wrote:

> Well, for one thing old boards used .1 inch traces, now with
> surface mount it's .05 or .025. I don;t know about you, but my
> hand (wasted from advanced age and hard living) isn't steady
> enough to solder a surface mount IC.

Just pointing out a misplaced decimal point. IN CP/M days, the .1 inch
traces (and wider) would have been used for power distribution, and most of
the normal traces were in the .025" range. Currently, standard design
practice seems to be 8 - 10 mil lines although higher density boards can get
smaller tracewidths. I found the best way to deal with surface mount
components is under a microscope :).