Preserving old floppies, fixed disks...

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Fri Mar 13 20:39:37 1998

At 02:25 PM 3/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>There's also the problem that folks seem to think that CD-R's are
>indestructable so they do not take care of them (i.e. not putting them back
>in the jewel cases, playing shuffleboard with them, etc.).

CD's too. I saw a guy pull a stack of 15-20 CD's out of his pocket, no
case or anything, and start shuffling through them like a deck of cards.
Picked one out, put it on the seat beside him, took the CD out of his
player, and put it and the rest back in his pocket.

I guess they still worked (though his player had a (I think) 10 second
buffer, so it has plenty of time to do retries.) 'course he didn't look
like the sort of bloke who listened to anything older than a week.

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/