Preserving old floppies, fixed disks...

From: William Donzelli <william_at_ans.net>
Date: Fri Mar 13 20:45:53 1998

> I have [music] CD's going back to the mid-80's. They all work fine.
> (P.S., never buy an Aiwa CD player.)

I agree. At a college station I was involved with (WMSE in Milwaukee - I
once let the cheeseheads endure all four minutes of "Swallowing Scrap
Metal", a rather nasty noisework), we had some of the very first disks
pressed for the public. They are still good (just a bit torn up from years
of use).

CD-ROMs, at least the pressed ones, will be good for years to come...

William Donzelli
william_at_ans.net