Resetting-up S/36 (5363) - How do I do that?

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Sat Mar 14 12:17:00 1998

At 08:29 AM 3/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>[COBOL? Are you NUTS?]
>Of course not! What do I look like, some kind of a freak or something?
>It only has RPG II. I did get it to load. The problem was a very large
nasty
>mess of something on the Microcode disk. I had to go dig up another.
>Now, I have to find out what to DO with it...
>Apparetly you HAVE to have a printer to do anything useful. Can I go
>hang a PC printer off this, or do I have to go dig up a twinax printer?
>-------

At the console:

SYSLIST CRT

That will put everything to the console. If you don't have a printer, you
can put a 5250 card in a cheapo-depo Intel box (anything from XT to 386,
but speed may kill in this case), and hang a 5152-compatible printer on it.
You'll need PC Support/36.

Thank you,

David Wollmann
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com
DST ibmhelp.com Technical Support
http://www.ibmhelp.com/
--
Support for legacy IBM products.
Data, document and file conversion for legacy