What's with the raw HTML?

From: Dan Stephans II <adept_at_mcs.com>
Date: Sun Mar 15 10:09:59 1998

Umm, HTML is pretty much a standard no matter what platform you are on as it
is most certainly not platform dependent. The standard for 1.1 is specified
in RFC 2068 and for 1.0 in RFC 1945. If you mean that there are not standard
tools to read html'ized mail under unix/linux, I say Netscape is available
for almost any linux and most other unices running on sparc/intel/alpha
hardware. I don't argue that HTML rich text is fine for mailing lists,
however if you are going to argue that it is not you should formulate a
proper argument.

Cheers,

  Dan