Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Sun Mar 15 11:37:59 1998

At 08:35 AM 3/15/98 -0800, you wrote:
> First, Tim Shoppa noted...

[snip]
> The more I hear about Billy-boy, and the more I see of his company's
>"products" and arrogant attitudes, the less I like either one! Is there no
>amount of bandwidth waste or code-bloat that Micro$quat won't stoop to?!
>
> I knew there was a reason I'd started to get into Unix boxes. Thanks, guys!

I have a copy of Bill's "Software for the masses" interview around here
somewhere. It's really funny, because if you read it, he has basically
advocated "Top 40" bloatware from day one. No one should be surprised--I
mean, Microshaft has always intended it's products to be "toasterware," as
easy as plugging toast into a toaster--that is, if you want to write a
letter to Aunt Minny or play Solitaire from 9am to 5pm every day.

I think that if the various Linux distros could polish up their docs and
improve their online support, we could put a lot of pressure on Gates to
rethink his crapware strategy. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there
is a dark corner in a sub-basement somewhere in Redmond where a small team
of hackers are already working on a potential Microsoft Linux distribution,
just in case. I'm taking bets on Netscape doing the same thing--a complete
Linux distribution with Communicator/Navigator, as well as a complete
office suite and Netscape http server bundle. As soon as the masses forget
about Barksdale's appearance in D.C., that is.

--
David Wollmann			|
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com		| Support for legacy IBM products.