Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Sun Mar 15 16:12:21 1998

At 08:31 AM 3/16/98 +1100, you wrote:
>I'd like to see less Microsoft bashing in my inbox; I'm on this list for
>the discussion of classic computers, NOT the benefits of Linux vs Windows,
>NOR the arguments about HTML. If the FAQ/guidelines for the mailing list
>say NO HTML, thats all there need be said... "read the FAQ". Please, lets
>cut down the traffic on these subjects and get back to the things we all
>enjoy discussing!!!

I forgot to mention in my previous post, here's an interview where Gates
talks about IMSAI, Altair and some other early small systems (no bashing).
Also some background on development of the MS BASICs and various other MS
products. This is one article with a list of links into several different
sections, but you can pick out the interesting stuff real easily.

http://innovate.si.edu/history/gates/gatestoc.htm

--
David Wollmann			|
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com		| Support for legacy IBM products.