Getting bent (ON topic if not thread)

From: Huw Davies <H.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Sun Mar 15 17:37:18 1998

At 02:21 AM 14-03-98 +0000, Allison J Parent wrote:

>FYI in the old days when people would salvage chips of old unmarked cards
>a popular way to remove them was a propane torch and pliers! Obviously
>the board would get toasted but you could get the chips off fairly clean
>and fast. Though once I seriously over did it on the heat. The result
>is a old 7400 that is bent some in the middle...it still worked!

My usual practice is to place the board to be unsoldered upside down in the
oven raised above a tray. Heat until solder melts and gravity has it's way.
Fast, neat, clean. Pity you can't speed the process up by using a microwave :-)

 Huw Davies | e-mail: Huw.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550 Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University | "My Alfa keeps me poor in a monetary
 Melbourne Australia 3083 | sense, but rich in so many other ways"