Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: Dan Rector <rector_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Mar 16 19:47:01 1998

William Donzelli wrote:

> > CDC? ;) CDC did produced good HDD's in olden days...
>
> They made good computers for a while as well. They really were great
> machines in the 1960s, but thru the 1970s, their mainframes lagged far
> behind, and management did nothing to help it. They made a very good try
> in the early 1980s with the ETA supercomputers and Cyber 180s, but by
> then, most people had written them off. In the end, it was just rebadged
> SGIs called Cyber 190s...
>
> William Donzelli
> william_at_ans.net

This reminds me of a series of articles I ran accross in the Computer
Shopper. It's John Dvorak's "What Ever Happened To..." column. Over
the past several months he's been doing a series on the seven dwarves.
The articles can be found online at http://www.zdnet.com/cshopper/

--
Dan Rector
rector_at_usa.net