Tirades? Since when?

From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin_at_jps.net>
Date: Tue Mar 17 09:23:01 1998

Kai Kaltenbech chose to produce the following...

>Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:45:01 -0800
>From: Kai Kaltenbach <kaikal_at_MICROSOFT.com>
>To: classiccmp_at_u.washington.edu
>Subject: RE: Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

>You know Bruce, it's offensive unthinking tirades like yours that make me
>want to unsubscribe from this list and throw my classic computers in the
>dumpster just so I would no longer have to count myself among your company.

        I'm truly sorry you feel that way. I notice that you work for Microsoft.
With that in mind, your own statements are very understandable.

        I would point out that I have not attacked you, personally, in any way.
You have given me no reason to. You, on the other wing, seem intent on
attacking me strictly on the basis of my statement of a personal opinion.
Chill out, have a brew, sit back, and think about this for a minute. Who's
the one that really produced the "unthinking tirade?" ;-)

        We are all entitled to our own opinions. I welcome the fact that you
obviously disagree with me (if everyone on the planet agreed on everything,
I think we'd all be in more trouble than we are now, as a race!). If you
would like clarification on why I feel the way I do, and the basis behind
my statements, feel free to E-mail me so we don't end up cluttering the list.

        If you do not feel inclined to do so, that's no problem either. I will say
this much and let it go. I have no great love for Microsoft products or for
Billy-boy Gates' arrogant attitudes. I am not alone in these beliefs. I am
a firm believer in consumer choice for hardware and software. Microsoft
seems to support that choice -- as long as it's Microsoft's code-bloated,
resource-wasteful software that is chosen.

        Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to work. BTW, my apologies to the
other readers of this list. This is the last you'll hear from me on this
thread.

Bruce Lane, Sysop, The Dragon's Cave BBS (Fidonet 1:343/272)
(Hamateur: WD6EOS) (E-mail: kyrrin_at_jps.net)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."