Stop ATTACKING! (Especially Microsoft!)

From: Hotze <photze_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: Tue Mar 17 09:39:54 1998

The more that I think about this, the more that I hate it. People are
attacking Microsoft, which I think is *very unfair.*. Sure, they've always
got their eye on being the undisputed leader. But is that any different
from what Intel, DEC, Apple, or any other company, no matter how grand in
technologies wants? Is that different from what *you* want? So,
Microsoft's outgrown itself. For instance, it takes weeks to get a tech
support reply back. So what? They're stepping into new territories, that
they don't really know about. It makes *competition*, what brings out the
best in companies, people, and prices. Anti-competitive measures? Everyone
tries them, the only problem is when they *work*. Then, we get upset. For
instance, Sun closing software and hardware design discourages competition.
It's the same with drivers, hardware specs, and why companies keep most beta
information under wraps.
    So, we've had our fun. We've stated our opinions. Time will prove us
right, wrong, or indifferent. Let's let it take it's cource. And, enjoy it
while we're on our way.
    Flaming isn't a solution, it's a problem. I implore you to think of
this.
    Thanks for your time,

Tim D. Hotze