Irreverence to irrelevance

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 00:49:50 1998

You reveal your true motivations yet again. You're one of the only
people on the mailing list who uses foul language. You're one of the
only people on the mailing list who directly attacks and insults others.

You've been trying to claim control of the list for months and you're
simply using the 'irrelevance' as an excuse to do so.

You can insult me, threaten me, do what you will. But I won't back down
from you and I won't let you go forth unchallenged. And I won't give up.

Say what you will, Sam, but I just want you to know that you're
wrong...your intention is impure, your motivation is self-serving and I
will stand against you. I thought if I ignored you, you'd go away but
you haven't. So neither shall I.

The problem isn't the quality of the
people discussing on the group. The problem is the quality of people,
like you, who only want to centralize authority around yourself and see
any other situation, even if it is imperfect, as inferior and wherein the
only resolution is for you to personally take control so that you may
exercise your ill-conceived will.

I'm going to retain all my messages so that when you misquote me, which
is your only tool to deceptively prove your points, I can come back with
my ACTUAL statements and not some twisted version, as I've encountered
from you before, filtered through the the marred lense of your bitterness.

And...LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR...I will NOT permit you to take
this conversation private and will post EVERY SINGLE message that you
send to me privately so everyone can see you for who you REALLY are!
So don't say I didn't warn you.

So let's begin shall we?

1. The only problem with people quality is your own. I don't see anyone
else using the word 'a$$hole' in their postings. I don't see anyone else
insulting and attacking others just because there is a conversation that
they don't find personally interesting! Oh I suppose there's a couple
others but you have a special skill at being condescending to others.

2. Who's fault is it that you've apparently never learned to use a
delete key? I run down my screen hitting that delete on 50 or 60
messages a day and you don't hear ME complaining about it!

3. The only person making this group like Usenet is you...insulting and
attacking others and generally whining and acting like a child when
things don't go precisely your way and then assuming that the only way to
repair things is to personally control the entire group. We don't have
email spam, which is the other Usenet affliction so it's pretty much YOU
causing the real problem and NOT off-topic postings in terms of making
the group like Usenet. Off-topic postings aren't really a problem if you
have the strength of character and wherewithall to ignore them!

4. Go ahead and create your web BBS. I'm sure that everyone will want
to take the time out of their busy schedule to go browse your website as
opposed to reading the postings in this group as part of their daily
email routine. Frankly, I think the hassle will outweigh the inconvience
of deleting off-topic postings on the basis of the Subject line.

5. And finally, you've been on this trip for months that the group sucks
and the only way to fix it is for you to be in control. I think the only
problem with the group that you're trying to solve is that you don't have
personal control of it so that it will be subject to your personal whim.

In short, YOU have the problem. Perhaps your time would be better spent
considering why you feel the need to control everyone else and why you
have to call people names and insult them whenever everything isn't
exactly how you want it to be...even though the vast majority of other
people don't seem to mind the situation and are able to participate in it
without verbally abusing others.

So basically here's the scoop...say whatever you want to me. I won't
back down or give in and if you try to attack my character, then consider
that *I'M* NOT the one who wants to destroy the group and take personal
control of it! YOU ARE! So I think YOUR character is more relevant to
the discussion than is my own.

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead