Apology, Info, Etc...

From: J. Maynard Gelinas <jmg_at_iac.net>
Date: Wed Mar 18 16:51:37 1998

        OK,
        I've received significant help from list members here in the
past, and _really_ don't want to see it disappear. I understand how
family pressures make the sustained effort of mail list maintenance
sometimes an impossibility (Hey, I ran a BBS for four years in the
80's like most of us here). So, I offer to take on list management
_if necessary_. I'm perfectly happy to share these responsibilities
with other members as well. In fact, if a whole bunch of other people
chime up and want to take on the task, I'll _gladly_ bow out! ;-)

        But I'd rather take on the headache of being the list
maintainer than see classiccmp die out from bickering and off topic
posts because of ineffective list maintenance. Bill, you started a
wonderful thing, but I think, at least right now, we need heavier
moderation.

        There are a few other folks I'd rather see in the drivers seat
before me. Tim Shoppa and Allison, for example, would both make
better choices than I (and if you guys want it, I'm outta your way).
However, this is _an_ offer; currently no one else seems to have
chimed up.

        I can arrange to have a Majordomo or Listproc list manager in
place at one of several hosts if necessary, but I think it would be to
everyone's benefit if the 'classiccmp' address remained the same. I
hope I haven't overstepped my bounds here...

Respectfully,
J. Maynard Gelinas