Apology, Info, Etc...

From: J. Maynard Gelinas <jmg_at_iac.net>
Date: Wed Mar 18 17:52:07 1998

        I do not _want_ the job, I am simply willing to do it. I
would _prefer_ Allison or Tim Shoppa, as I think they have better
legacy systems experiance than I. Also, they have been on this list
longer than most of us, and seem to have the best detailed technical
knowledge of us all. So, if we vote I nominate either Allison or Tim
Shoppa (or both), if they're willing to do the job. Of course, the
current maintainer is the _best_ choice if he can find the time to
help out. Clearly, we are going through a list crisis right now and
_someone_ impartial must deal with it.

        If no one else chimes up I am able to handle the job. I have
systems at my disposal which can handle list management, I've been on
the list for a good while and know the principle players; I know what
the content of this list is like when it's 'going good.'

        I _don't want_ to 'take over' the list, nor am I in a position
to do so. I could care less who runs it as long as he/she is
responsible and fair; it would be a big plus if he/she involved
him/herself in the discussion regularly as well. I just want my mbox
to stop resembling *.advocacy, and *.flame and get back to discussing
systems over 10 years old.

J. Maynard Gelinas