Sam's Instructions in Private Email (fwd)

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 18:50:20 1998

And you are again harassing me because your interpretation of the FAQ in
this case is inconsistent with reality. And don't think I don't know
what you're trying to do...you're trying to force ME to waste bandwidth
publicly to make it appear that *I'M* the problem and not you.

Anybody with half a brain can see right through your ploy here, Sam.

I've read it and I'm NOT off-topic as this discussion and similar ones
relate to the operation of the group and that is not forbidden in the FAQ.
You want to play this game
then I can play FOREVER. As I said, I won't back down from you. EVER.
I will construct auto-responders if necessary but here's the deal:

I let you have the last word in December thinking that you'd leave people
alone but you're obviously too much of a bully for that. So this time,
rather than bury my head in the sand [and let me make this abundantly clear]
I WILL NOT BACK DOWN FROM YOU. I will NEVER give into your bullying.

You can stop this and you should since YOU are the aggressor not me. I
am acting from a defensive posture and I think everyone can see that.
And, although I'm sure many find this game annoying, I'm certain that
even those who would have criticized me earlier for standing up to you
realize precisely what you are and no longer blame me for not backing down.

And just so this is clear. I would prefer that Bill remove us BOTH from
the mailing list permanently than permit you to have your wicked way with
the group. But make no mistake...YOU ARE THE AGGRESSOR Sam. But if it
takes Bill removing us both from the list forever, then I would consider
that a SMALL price to pay to rid the mailing list of your vile insults
and the pestilence of your malicious intentions.

You are clearly suffering from mental illness and I feel sorry for you
but I cannot permit you to abuse me, harass me or send me what amounts to
unsolicited email spam without making the entire mailing list aware of it.
Why do I do this? Because you've stated yourself you want to take over
the mailing list (which I said was your goal all along) I think your
behavior has GREAT bearing on your ability to actually moderate a group
without it becoming a fiasco.

To everyone that this annoys, I am truly sorry. I didn't want it to come
to this. But I clearly have no choice but to continue standing against Sam.
If you want to solve this particular problem then please and BY ALL MEANS
suggest that Bill remove BOTH me and Sam from the list...Sam because he
is an aggressor and me because I'm no longer in a position where I can
back down. And I think that solution would satisfy everyone's sense of
fairness. And remove us BOTH forever.

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead