Looking for a Q-Bus card

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 20:19:27 1998

> > If I can use both, does anyone have a KZQSA-SF card they'd be willing to
> > give, trade, or sell to me? I
>
> Thats not so easy ...
> Most people want to keep their SCSI q-bus cards ...
> but you could easily buy a new one ... (appr. 800-1400 $) :-((

Yeah I found that out. I tried getting someone to loan or sell me a
Unibus SCSI card for my PDP-11/84 so I could run it 24 hours without the
RA81 shutting down the local power grid. Let's just say the silence was
stifling. =-) Not that I blame anyone.

I DID manage to get a Unibus ethernet card for it though so I can at
least put it on the net...as part of my so-far vaporware
put-computers-on-the-net project (I've been TRYING to get the SWTPC
working and I DID have it telnetable for a day before it choked).

But now that DSL will soon be offered in my community and, since I'm the
sysadmin and chief network engineer, I'll by my ISPs first DSL customer
at 256k ($40 per month!!!) ...anyway, now I'm really jazzed up about
putting computers on the Net because I can offer access to them at a
reasonable speed!

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead