More of Sam's Rantings Re: Apology, Info, Etc... (fwd)

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Thu Mar 19 07:55:38 1998

Hi Everyone,

  Well Sam's not going to let it drop. I have not replied to the last
three of his messages in order to try and let this die down but he's
determined to continue try a prevoke a response. Now he apparently thinks
that it's inappropriate to post anything about the operation of this list
(unless he posts it, of course). But I won't bother to responde to his
rantings. I'll just post it here and you can use your own judgement.

   Joe

At 04:13 PM 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]
>electronics tools (VOM/DMM, soldering iron, EPROM burner, etc). I'm no whiz
>with this stuff and the little knowledge I have has come from asking
>questions and then buying books to find out what "Simple... Just check
>the voltage on the caps in the PS to make sure one of them isn't flaking
>out!" exactly means.
>
>2.7 Where can I look before posting a dumb question?
>
>It might be a good idea to take a look at what's available in the Archive
>section of the ClassicCmp web site (see below).
>
>2.8 Can I type obscenities about Microsoft in ALL CAPS!?!
> (Or, in general, be unreasonable with reagard to advocacy posts?)
>
>Check your anti-MS baggage at the door, please. For that matter, drop
>any posts that serve only to perpetuate the holy wars.
>
>2.9 Can I post trophy lists?
>
>Ahem. Er... I'm not going to go to the extent of banning this practise
>but it is considered bad manners. Don't whine to me because I used to be
>guilty of this and curbed myself ;). Post lists of newly acquired goods
>if you actually need info on them, not just to show off.
>
>2.10 Can I use obscene language in my posts?
>
>Yes. Although I'm sure many people would prefer you did not. A number of
>people have complained about this. I'm not going to outlaw swearing - now
>that I've informed you that it bothers people you can make your choice.
>

>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Joe wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have tried to drop this arguement with Sam but he insists on
>> perpetuating it. It may be embarrassing to read this stuff but it should be
>> kept public since it does concern the operation of this list. Sam is now
>> complaining that this tread is off topic for this list, but he convenently
>> forgets that he is the one that started it! In his latest tirade, Sam has
>> accused me of using this list for profit (I wish!). I should note that
>> selling items on the list is permitted according to the FAQs, and yes I
>> have probably made a grand total of $50 in the last six months (net not
>> profit). Anthony is right, Sam seems to be interested in nothing more than
>> harassing others and tearing down this list.
>>
>> What I would like to know is who appointed Sam to police this list?
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> At 05:59 PM 3/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> >

>> >Again I warned you. I was responding publicly to a public posting by the
>> >OWNER AND MODERATOR of the mailing list, Sam. You are so out of line
>> >here that I can't believe anymore that your purpose on the mailing list
>> >is to do anything other than to harass others.
>> >
>> >Anthony Clifton - Wirehead
>> >
>> >PS: And I'm not going to allow you to do this privately...even if it
>> >does annoy the group because I think everyone needs to see what kind of
>> >person you really are and how petty and small-minded your little games
>> >are becoming. I think this has bearing on any project that you undertake
>> >and the extent to which others should participate in it.

dastar_at_siconic.com