Northstar S100 compatability

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu Mar 19 16:23:06 1998

<From: Simon Coombs <simon_at_nenevr.demon.co.uk>
<Subject: Northstar S100 compatability

<Does anyone have any idea what sort of RAM cards the Horizon likes to
<play with? My system already has an (albeit flakey) RAM-16 card, and I
<have the remains of an old Godbout Econoram-II card, sans about half its
<chips. I have *no* idea whether this card was ever used with the N*.

Ram16 or ram17, any 8k/16k/64k static ram cards all work and may of the
dynmaic ram cards that have local (on card refresh). The NS* was pretty
clean so most memory bords worked well. The econoram-11 and the ram16
both work. The ram16 should be easy to fix it's static and uses 2kx8
parts.

<retired gracefully. I think that the PSU could do with some adjustment,
<too; if anyone in the UK has schematics for any of these bits, and would

Northstar* PSU requires adjustment???? The Horizon used three terminal
FIXED REGULATORS. Unless you mean 120v/240v wiring of the mains
transformer.

Allison