Pesky atari modem

From: CharlesII_at_nwonline.net <(CharlesII_at_nwonline.net)>
Date: Thu Mar 19 15:38:04 1998

        I have a problem with an Atari 1030 modem. While I can receive
everything correct on the Atari modem I am not able to receive anything
transmitted from it to another computer correctly. All I get from the
Atari modem is binary garbage. Can anyone help me? BTW dose anyone have
any spare Atari cables remember they have 13 pins. On another note I've
noticed that flea markets are a pretty good place to find classic
computers.