Northstar S100 compatability

From: Simon Coombs <simon_at_nenevr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 19 18:47:21 1998

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Marty wrote:

> Simon, how timely of you. I just acquired a NorthStar Horizon
> yesterday which uses four 64KB memory boards (parity). Each board has
> four 9 chip rows of 16KB dram. I haven't got the documentation for
> this machine yet, the previous owner has it in storage with software
> as well (he claims) and said he might have it for me by next week.

Gah! Are you trying to make me jealous or something? You're succeeding! ;)

Out of interest, what would a N* want with 256K anyway? Presumably,
whatever OS it is running is pretty hefty stuff!

> I'll let you know more details when I get the docs.

Excellent; thanks!

You know, since there's a few of us, maybe we should see about giving
comp.sys.northstar a bit more traffic! Alternatively, maybe we should set
up a few web pages with N* info on? There's practically *nothing* out
there right now - I couldn't even find an S100 bus pinout!

Simon.

--
Simon Coombs                                simon_at_nenevr.demon.co.uk
Don't stand on ceremony; just bow low.      CP/M - The once and future O/S!