Mystery Board

From: Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 21 05:02:05 1998

I picked up a board at a Hamfest last summer, and I still don't know what
the heck it is. It may not even be computer related - might come from a
photocopier or something. :)

The board measures about 7.75" in length, and a little over 3" high. Its
slot connector has 72 pins, measuring a bit more than 3.5" in length.

It LOOKS like it could be RAM, but it's not like anything I've seen
elsewhere.

There are 16 long "plates" of what seems to be some kind of ceramic
material, each with four chips embedded in them, two to each side. The
"plates" measure over 2" in length, are notched at one end, and are marked
"125B", "886-2".

The chips that are embedded in the plates are marked "-607-2", with
varying numbers beneath (e.g. "01386 34", "04836 77"). They appear to
have 30 pins each, with 10 pins on each 'long' side and 5 pins at each
end. All pins come out the bottom of the chips rather than the sides as
on DIPs.

There are some other chips on the board, three of which (20-pin) are
labeled:

AM2966PC
WP90101L1 8546DMP

There are seven 16-pin chips labeled:

WE
63S 1
11085 74

And another 16-pin chip labeled:

WE
63S 1
12685 77

There is a yellow bar-code sticker on one end of the board which reads
"860C03900901".

There's a stamp in the middle reading "ATP221".

On the back side of the board is "844292540 AM 2 CM192B".

I've probably gone overboard with the discription, but I don't know what
info is relevant to identifying this thing. The guy I bought it from
clearly didn't know what he was selling (but I asked anyway). I bought it
with a bunch of old PC cards filled with old RAM chips I may need someday.

Doug Spence
ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca