PDP-11/70 Available...

From: Jack Harper <jharper_at_bs2000.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 08:07:29 1998

Hello all...

A friend recently gave me, I think, a PDP-11/70 that was field hardened by
Schlumberger for use in a seismographic application. The thing was
repackaged, apparently by Schlumberger or a contractor, into an incredibly
heavy welded steel box with mil-spec/DIN circular (i.e., non-standard DEC I
think) connectors etc etc. It weighs at least 150lbs.

If there is anyone out there that could use the internal boards -- no idea
what's there -- I would be willing to tear the beast apart and send them
for postage. I don't know if PDP boards are hard to find.

My understanding is that the unit was pulled from service only a year or
two ago and had run in a truck in the field for about ten years -- it has
been stored inside my friend's house ever since. It apparently was replaced
with a more modern machine -- not because it failed. So, I assume that the
beast contains a working processor board, memory, I/O controllers(?), etc.

I know very little about the PDP series and so cannot clearly answer
specific questions until I open it up.

Regards

Jack Harper

Jack Harper Bank Systems 2000, Inc.
303-277-1892 Golden, Colorado USA

                "21st Century Financial Applications"
        Optical Cards for Bank, EBT, and Medical Applications
Visit our Web Page: http://www.bs2000.com/talos (Last Update: 970902)