HP 82143A Peripheral Printer

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Sat Mar 21 18:45:33 1998

Doug,

  Your printer is made to work with the HP 41 calculator. The "plug" will
only fit the HP 41. It uses a HP 82033 battery pack. That's the same
battery that's used in the 82162 printer, HP 97 calculator and many other
HP products. That battery has 4 sub-C NiCad cells in it. The HP 82059
charger (USA version) is used to recharge the battery, it produces 8 VAC.
The cahrger alone is NOT powerfull enough to operate the printer. There is
no way to self test the printer, other than checking to see if it feeds
paper. This printer was largely replaced by the HP 82163 printer. The 163
printer uses the HP-IL interface and can be used with the HP-41, HP-71,
HP-75, HP-110 and other HP calculators and computers. Some of them like
the HP 75 and 110 come with the HP-IL interface built-in. The others
require an optional interface.

  E-mail if you have any other questions.

  Joe