Amiga A1060 SideCar

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Sun Mar 22 19:58:25 1998

Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca> wrote:
[8,349,320 lines of Sidecar wondering deleted]

I'll bet a doughnut there are at least two Sidecar sites on the net,
given the known rabidity of Amiga enthusiasts. I'll also bet that
by posting on the relevant Amiga news groups, you'll be in e-mail
contact with an engineer who worked on it. I've got most of the
Amiga dev con notes in the basement, along with some rare Janus
programming docs and disks, but I'm not sure they'd be relevant
to your ROM version.

A year or so ago, I saw a very interesting Amiga collection go up
for auction: a pristine, still-in-the-unopened-boxes Amiga 1000,
complete with RAM sidecar, parallel-port hard disk, etc. It was
something left over from Commodore that someone rescued in the
last days.

I'm still hoarding my collection of never-shipped aluminium "boing"
logos that fit in the little square on the corner of the A1000. :-)

- John
Jefferson Computer Museum <http://www.threedee.com/jcm>