drive info needed

From: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca <(jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca)>
Date: Mon Mar 23 12:23:57 1998

> According to my ancient HD reference textfile, there's a 93028-A and -AD.
> The -AD is an IDE drive and the -A is an ST506 RLL drive. Specs are
> identical, 19.86 MB, 69ms, 3.5" HH, 2/782/26 geometry.

Guys,

I was referring to:
http://theref.c3d.rl.af.mil/

This says:

Same physical specs:
782/2/27 - bit faster transfer.
For -A you could try 614/4/17 - more compatiable with old fixed bios.

-A is ATA 1:1
-AD is oddball drive ATA with slower 3:1
-X is XTA (aka 8 bit IDE interface with one side all grounded except
for one pin) This might looks like that hd with swapped logic board.

So, there is no ST-506 interface either MFM or RLL unless otherwise.

That is only 3 types of this same 93028 model and based on 40 pin IDE
interface. Unless this HD pack and logic board were built from junk
drives. That have happened before and logic boards and packs fail
very frequently. Oh, Be careful of that orange cable on that front
end. I have broke that one often.

When I bought first 386dx 25 when I was offered 40mb WD 93044A and I
asked for ST1102A instead because I do not want that "tandon" hd (hd
breaker) and that served me very well. :)

Jason D.

> Kai

email: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca
Pero, Jason D.