Wargames

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Tue Mar 24 09:58:52 1998

At 06:50 PM 3/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> >I just saw Wargames; what an excellent movie! I encourage

>Is it just me or have these movies been out and already been tossed in
>the bargain rental area at the video stores? You guys need to get out

Um, I believe there are folks on this list who weren't *born* when that
movie came out.

Which only goes to show that the spirit of curiosity and challenge that
motivated the rest of us to stay up all night writing code (or playing
Zork) is not dead.

What's even better is that the younger members of this list have combined
that spirit with a sense of history; they will not be reinventing the
wheel, but will be building on it.

If you don't know why screens were traditionally 80 columns wide, you don't
know if it's okay to toss that idea aside should the technology allows it.

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/