HP Win 3.1 -- off topic, but need help

From: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca <(jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca)>
Date: Tue Mar 24 06:23:34 1998

> Sorry, but this is just a thought... if HP could give Win 95 LICENCES, and
> you could find a 3.5" copy of Windows 95 (and the HP's have 8MB RAM), you
> could run Windows 95 fine. I'm running it on my DX/50 here.
> Hope that this helps,

Once again, this is foolish to try to run win95 on 8mb. I did and
get Very SLOW performance even on 486sx 33 and beating trying to
killing the hd and crashing is common. Hated that royally. Be kind
and find a way to get win 3.11 WFW. These 3.x is best for older 386
and 486 all with 8mb~16mb, even for older pentium w/ 8mb and older
notebooks.

Really, win95sux really LIKES to run in more than 16mb~24mb~greater
ram and POWERFUL CPU like dx4 series or better. From that gives you
more reliablity and more crash-proofing.

FWIW.

Jason D.

> Tim D. Hotze

email: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca