Early computer serial numbers??

From: Cord Coslor <archive_at_navix.net>
Date: Wed Mar 25 23:53:05 1998

Greets:

Here's a question for you all: how does early serial numbers on classic
machines effect their relative value to collectors. Here's an instance:
I recently acquired five (5) old TRS-80 Model III computers. They are
numbered in the following way:

0000365
0000474
0000475
0000477
0000510

Yeh, and two, almost three are numbered in succession... how often does
that happen. Plus, those particular machines came from two different
states, and the successive machines were also split up by 900 miles!!
How often does that happen?

Anyway, for a TRS-80 collector, or classic computer collectors in
general... how does these early numbers effect their value to potential
collectors of these machines. I've heard of someone (I think) that had a
very early numbered CoCo (less than 10?), but haven't heard much else.
Any more of you have stories like this that I mentioned above?

Thanks,

CORD COSLOR

|       Cord G. Coslor    :  archive_at_navix.net      |\
|       Deanna S. Wynn    : deannasue_at_navix.net     | |
| http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/4395 | |
|  PO Box 308 - Peru, NE - 68421 - (402) 872- 3272  | |