Early computer serial numbers??

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 00:33:22 1998

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> So as you can see, while a low model number might appear to be desirable,
> it isn't always.

In my personal experience if you are going for "collection value", go
for low serial numbers. If you actually want to _use_ the bastard, get
the highest number you can find. I'd rather use the bastard and as an
earlier message said, the TRS-80 Model 3 went through some changes. The
best change being the introduction of the Model 4. (I worked in Radio
Shack Computer Centers fron two months after the announcement of the
Model 3 until the death-throes of Tandy's Z-80 line -- all of my Tandy
hardware has lower serial numbers than I would personally prefer).
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,