Your www site

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 02:44:17 1998

Roger Merchberger wrote:

> It is online (as per Nutscrape Version 3.0)... but...
>
> I'm here to tell ya, folks... It's a *biggie*!!! The site sent my Nutscrape
> runnin' over... as in 24+Megs RAM used, started diddlin' with my swapfile!
> I'm runnin' NT4.0/Cyrix 6x86/48Megs RAM, and the site sent my HD into OT.
>
> If yer browzin' with an AtariST, I don't recommend this site. Runnin' Win95
> & 16Megs RAM? Take my advice. Turn off the grafix before you wander thataway.
>
> As always, YMMV & all that jazzzzz.

Aside from the fact that I don't allow Java applets to run without
permission, my little 32MB P166 running Netscrape 4 under Caldera Linux
1.1 has no problems with the site. No excessive swapping that I
noticed (though admittedly Linux is much better behaved about memory
management than NT at the worst of times). When I've got it set up,
I'll try the site again with my 640k AT with DR-DOS and WebSpyder.
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,