Sinclair ZX-80

From: Rodney Hogg <revcom_at_ruraltel.net>
Date: Thu Mar 26 21:21:33 1998

Hello,

I'm enjoying the demographics thread for Mar '98. Followed for some
time.

None of the collections seem to mention a Sinclair ZX-80. I had/have
the 4k ROM version, then upgraded to the 8k ROM. "The Monitor Exposed"
(I forget the excellent author's name) was and is my kernel in computer
science, which is how I now make a modest living.

Timex came out with a Sinclair-based machine, too. The Timex 1000, I
think. It had more RAM. Both had an expansion port for RAM They ran
on a Z80 MPU (Thanks to Rodney Zak! I know my Z80 stuff).

There was a magazine called Sync. It had a "alternative" look to the
cover.

My collection is based on computers with which I've had person
experiences. So far, I'm missing some Apples (which shouldn't be hard
to find if I get to cities) and a PDP-11/70, which I probably couldn't
get to work if I had one.

--J. Lynn Hogg

jhogg_at_bigfoot.com