New acquisitions

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Thu Mar 26 22:42:01 1998

Just a quick note on a few computers I've picked up in the past week or so.
A friend of mine gave me a Televideo computer that a client of his wanted to
get rid of. I lucked out when another friend of mine started to clean out
his garage and knew who to call. That deal included an NEC 8201A, a clone
lunchbox portable with LCD screen, a Datavue 25 portable, a couple of new
Irwin tape drives, some original Osborne software, and some Apple III boards
and stuff. The week before, another friend gave me a Timex 1000 w/ power
supply. Last night, another friend gave me the rack he had used to house
his BBS (minus the CompuPro computers), 3 Silent 700 printers (one with
acoustical coupler), and a couple of Televideo terminals. Saturday is TRW
and I hope to pick up more of the older boards (S-100 and multibus) at $1
each. I found a salvage dealer who says he has S-100 cards, but hasn't told
me yet what he wants for them. The last time he had some, he wanted $5 each
for them, but there were some IMSAI SIO boards in there, and that was
probably worth what he was asking. BTW, I should say that all the
computers, boards, and printers were free (with the exception of the TRW
stuff.) It is out there if you keep your name in the limelight as someone
looking for this stuff! Good luck all!