FW: VAXen wanted

From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin_at_jps.net>
Date: Sat Mar 28 11:33:19 1998

        If anyone can help this fellow out, please reply directly. Besides
looking for a VAXStation or similar, he also has some MVII boards
available.

-=-=- <snip> -=-=-

From: mrbill_at_texas.net (Bill Bradford)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Subject: WTB: Older VAXstation or entry-level Alpha
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:48:55 GMT

If you've got an old VAX system (VAXstation, etc) sitting around in
your closet, I'm interested - I want to get a VMS box up and running
here at home. Alternatively, I'm looking for an AXPpci33 motherboard
and CPU to run AlphaLinux on.

I was given a MicroVAX II about a year ago, but the system arrived in
beat-up-and-unusable condition without drives. I ended up giving the
chassis away, after stripping out all the cards, adapters, and various
serial ports, etc. I still have all of that stuff in a box if anyone
is interested. In fact, I'll give them free to anyone in the Austin
or San Antonio area if you want to come pick them up.

I can be reached at mrbill_at_texas.net.

Bill
Bruce Lane, SysOp,
The Dragon's Cave BBS (Fido 1:343/272)
kyrrin {at} j<p>s d[o]t n=e=t
"...No matter how hard we may wish otherwise, our science can only describe
an object, event, or living creature, in our own human terms. It cannot possibly
define any of them!..."