Cadnetix system available in San Deigo

From: Paul E Coad <pcoad_at_wco.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 01:53:50 1998

There is a guy in San Diego who has a slew of classic stuff available. The
main part of it is Cadnetix CAD board layout system which consists of a
repackaged Sun workstation and several networked 286 PCs. Included, but
not limited to, are:

Monitor 18" diagonal color with 20 pin AMP connector
UNIX CPU - Cadnetix model F0000001
Tape drive - Cipher model F880
MS-DOS CPU - Sperry model 3126-00 - Mfg. Jan 1986
Printer and stand - C. Itoh model 1550
7 Boxes of keyboards, cables, documents, tapes (including OS, layout software)

I am not familiar with Cadnetix, but a search of dejanews seems to show
that their layout system was, at a minimum, somewhat popular.

Some words from the owner:

The system was used at Scientific-Atlanta in San Diego for several
years to lay out all of its printed circuit boards. It wouldn't
surprise me if they are all still on the backup tapes. Only one of
the products is still in production by the company I work for. Our
engineering department is in the process of replacing the pc boards
with new designs this year so the tapes shouldn't be a problem.

As best I can tell, this system was built around 1986 and taken out of
service around 1990-91. It was stored in the Engineering Services area
of my company until a couple of months ago when it was going to be
tossed out. I put it in my garage rather than see it go into the
dumpster. Although it was working when taken out of service, it has
been sitting a long time so I can't tell you that it works for sure.
I have no room to even set it up enough to try it.

Here is the contact information: Steve Bearden <sbeard_at_rocketmail.com>.

Can anyone in So. Cal help this guy out? He needs to move this stuff
soon and if a home cannot be found it will end up in the landfill.

Thanks,

--pec
The Antique Computer Collection: http://www.wco.com/~pcoad/machines.html