Kaypro: 81-149C vs. 81-232

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 18:20:54 1998

On Mar 29, 6:04, Doug Spence wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Tony Duell wrote:
>
> > > At the back of the main circuit board, just in front of where the ribbon
> > > cable connects to it, there is a 14-pin chip with a label "1F" beside it.
> > > In drive A, there is an empty 16-pin socket beside it, with "2F" written
> > > on the circuit board beside it. Drive B has something IN this socket - a
> > > BLUE 16-pin chip.
> >
> > Sounds a little like a Tandon drive, although those normally had the
> > jumper in location 1E (or at least the schematics I have show it there).
>
> I believe it is a Tandon drive.
>
> I am unable to view the main circuit boards of the drives because they're
> in a metal box, but if 1E is directly in front of 2E, then yes, I believe
> I'll find the jumpers there. I've found labeled photographs of a Tandon
> drive in an old issue of 80 Micro.

It does sound like a Tandom TM100 (or of that series, anywy). I've got the
manual, too.

> > Allen hex - a true hexagonal tip, which come in inch and metric sizes
>
> This is the one I need. Possibly in metric sizes as none of the imperial
> ones I have fit.

Much more likely to be Imperial, on American equipment. Some sets go up in
bigger steps than others, though; perhaps the one you need is just "missing".
 I have a few sets like that :-)

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Dept. of Computer Science