RL02 Positioning Question.

From: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV_at_toad.xkl.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 11:54:02 1998

Here's a possibly stupid question...
I may have mentioned it earlier, but I got a copy of PDPXASM and I'm playing
with it. Just pitching code at the 11/83 to see what I can make it do...
Anyway, I'm playing with telling the RL02 what to do.
Push the head around, write things, etc...
Anyway, Is there a way to, given the the sector number, figure the head/cylinder/sector? Also, is there some mechanism to keep me from screwing up and sending
the heads below track 0 or past 512?

By the figuring CHS question, I mean this: I want to make a single routine
I can call to position the head whereever and dump a sector to disk, but I
don't want to have to know the disk geometry to do it. I pass to it
a unit number, RAM start address, and a sector number. Now how do I divide
the sector number to get the C/H/S? And I don't want to have to use
floating-point to do it...
-------