OT: 30-pin SIMMS

From: Julian Richardson <JRichardson_at_softwright.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 1 03:13:13 1999

>> Are there any adapter cards so 4 1mb simms can be used as a 4mb
>> 30 pin? I have seen those that can be used as a 72 pin.

Well, I came across a 72-pin adapter that took 30 pin SIMMS (I'm not
sure if you meant that or were talking about 72 pin adapters that took
72 pin SIMMS). I've never seen a 30 - to - 30 adapter around, although
I'd expect it to be possible to build one. I think SIMM-savers were only
around briefly during the couple of years when 30 pin SIMMS were going
out of fashion and 72 pin ones were coming in.

I remember working on some PCs (Unisys?) a few years ago which had all
their main memory on a full-length daughterboard card - there were
something like 16 30-pin SIMM sockets on there, although I think the
systems only recognised 256Kb SIMMS, not 1Mb's...

cheers,

Jules