S-100 Mystery board

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Mon Mar 1 09:32:03 1999

Barry,

  I can't tell much about the board except that it's the same board that
Stan S. and I have in our Alpha Micro A-100 computers. I've been told that
the top connector means tht it has ECC built into it but I don't know what
the connector itself is for. It doesn't look like it has enough ICs on it
to be ECC.

>Anyone who has information, it would be appreciated. I'd most like to get
a manual and switch settings [there are FOUR dip switches on this thing],

  So would I! Let me know if get a copy.

also the IC at 9B is missing and the board screening does not identify what
should go there.

   Mine has a DM74LS11N made by National Semiconductor there. You may want
to verify that with Stan S.

If you don't need it, I'd like to have it for my AM.

    Joe

At 10:19 PM 2/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I bought an S-100 card today at a hamfest for $1.00, now can someone tell
me what it is ?

>It's a "65k byte SupeRam 2" P65D2 Rev. C by PIICEON, Inc.
>
>It has 64k of DRAM on it, 4 rows of 8 4116's, but the rest of the board
does not look very "Ram-like", AND it has a 34-pin board edge connector at
the top of the board. I realize that this suggests a 5" floppy drive
interface, but a combined RAM and FDC card ????? Plus, the edge connector
is VERY un-floppy like, normally a floppy connector would have half of the
pins being ground, this clearly looks like it has active signals on almost
all 34 lines.