Gooey rubber bits

From: Andrew Davie <adavie_at_mad.scientist.com>
Date: Mon Mar 1 07:43:58 1999

My understanding is that in the case of HP card readers, there is a small
silicone roller/wheel, which oxidises. Can anyone confirm oxidised silicone
is "gooey" :) ? In any case, the roller can be replaced by a piece of
appropriateley sized nylon tubing cut to size. I just so happen to have
about 1m length of this tubing, which I will happily share out pieces of to
those in need, for the cost of postage.
Cheers

adavie_at_mad.scientist.com
visit the Museum of Soviet Calculators at
http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/slide/calculator/soviet.html
a Yahoo!, Netscape, Wall Street Journal, Newsweek and New Scientist Cool
Site!?
?