Even More Stuff available

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Mon Mar 1 08:31:10 1999

Upon the date 10:54 PM 2/28/99 -0500, Doug said something like:
>On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>
>> He just wants too much money for some very mundane stuff. He thinks
>> the shit is worth gold, but its not.
>
>Define "mundane." Can you get H11 software and docs at the 7-11? For
>somebody that *needs* the stuff, the prices are on the high side, but not
>completely absurd. It's simply impossible to ever say what something is
>"worth" unless it's a commodity. Don't even try. As you've seen, even
>prices on ebay vary wildly for the same stuff -- it all depends on who's
>looking on a given day. There's no formula. Rare doesn't necessarily
>mean valuable, and "mundane" doesn't necessarily mean cheap.
>
>> > How about $100 for H-11 doc 3-ring binders, and $140 for the paper
>> > tape media software.

I still feel the same as Sellam. I'd seen this list back in the summer on
some ng. Seems he'd be out of the country by now as he said he was about to
be. Rather high priced and if he's not interested in negotiating, well, let
him take the stuff overseas with him and get his price there.

>Speaking of paper tape, does anybody know where I can get fanfold paper
>tape holders? I've got one holder, and its great to organize the tapes,
>but I need a few more. Any good substitutes?

Try Western Numeric who sell paper/mylar tape and supplies primarily to
machine shops that use punched tape for their machining programs:
http://www.westnc.com/

I didn't see exactly what you're looking for in their product index however
they are a good contact to start from to find it.

Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association