e-bay item

From: Doug <doug_at_blinkenlights.com>
Date: Mon Mar 1 17:20:14 1999

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Marvin wrote:

> Megan, I highly disagree with your last statement. The ebay postings are
> on-topic whether they are of interest to you personally or not. This is a
> diverse group of people on this list, and for any one group to say that
> anothers classic interest should be excluded from this list is not right.

Oh, come on. Take this to it's logical extreme. There are 1.7 million
items listed on ebay today. Let's say 1% of that might represent the
union of various interests represented on this list. That's 17,000 items
a day. It's your duty to ensure that any item of interest to anybody on
this list gets posted here. Else it just wouldn't be right.

Alternatively, everybody has the ability to search ebay for themselves.
That's why it's there. That's not what this list is for, but perhaps
Derek could clarify this matter with a little policy.

-- Doug