Book Review: How to Build a Working Digital Computer

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Tue Mar 2 19:55:25 1999

Upon the date 02:30 PM 3/2/99 -0800, John Lawson said something like:

-- snip --

>> > Find this book! Buy it! Has anybody built the stuff from the book?

  -- snip --

> I take this trenchant opportunity to remind the Assembled Faithful
>that
>
> www.abebooks.com
>
> is, IMHO a rilly bitch'n place to score Olde Computer Books.

Amen brother! I just got a copy of Vol. three of _Menlo Park Reminiscences_
by Francis Jehl to complete my set (great technical history of Thomas
Edison's laboratory written by one of Edison's assistants) and I scored a
good looking copy of _IBM's Early Computers_ by Bashe, et al. from a
reasonably priced book dealer in N. Cal.

I could possibly go broke with ABE if I started hunting for the early
radio, TV and computer books I've been wanting.

"Recommended".
  -- Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association