DEC LA75 printer

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 2 19:48:05 1999

>Anyone have a manual for the DEC LA75S-A2? This model has both parallel and
>serial ports, although the serial port is the skewed RJ-45 connector.
>
>I haven't been able to find out anything about configuring/setting up this
>printer. There seems to be a little info on the Web on how to set up up for
>DOS/Windows, but I want to use it with DEC equipment (VT-220, VT340, Pro,
>etc.), and I don't even have a new enough manual to give a description of it.
>
>It looks like it will take a font cartridge, too? Anything useful?

Erm, I've a LA-75 hooked to my VT-420 on my PDP-11/73. One useful bit of
info is that it takes Apple ImageWriter ribbons same as several other
printers, such as one of the old IBM's, so ribbons are easy to get and
cheap. Someone posted info a while back on how to check the settings when
I was asking about mine. Unfortunatly I don't have a manual.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |