Z3 builders?

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Thu Mar 4 14:04:13 1999

Jgzabol_at_aol.com wrote:
> I > Is anyone out there actually tinkering with building a relay machine?
> > The other day I found SPDT relays for less than a buck each in a
> > Digi-Key catalog.
>
> would you mind to keep me informed ? Before turning to tube equipment,
> I studied relays. In my way of doing things, strict register transfer logic,
> a computer is no more general than a counter (on the base level),
> so I built two different relay counters to see how the technology feels like.
> It did not agree with me, so I turned to tubes. But still, I would find it
> quite interesting to see what you do !

Hi
 If I was to build an electronic visual computer, I would
use neon lights. All the logic functions can be done with
these and the results are visual. NE2's can be bought in bulk
for a few cents each.
 I built a relay combination lock once but I used relays
and doides to cut down on the number of contacts needed.
Dwight