Computer education

From: Max Eskin <max82_at_surfree.com>
Date: Sun Mar 7 10:12:45 1999

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, David C. Jenner wrote:
>I think what you are saying about a PDP-8 emulator is that it's a good
>idea to have some experience with each layer. Some people may not
>want to get down to the very low levels into the hardware, and not
>everybody has to.

No, what I'm trying to say is that it's impossible to understand the
_meaning_ of a layer without the ability to think from a programmer's
point of view. It is possible to make a single executable file that
encompasses all of the layers involved, but the source code can be
designed such that components are easily modified. Of course, a person who
doesn't understand programming can't understand that.

 --Max Eskin (max82_at_surfree.com)