18 Classic Computers Delivered, a beaut day.

From: Lawrence LeMay <lemay_at_cs.umn.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 7 13:03:32 1999

> CPT 8525, an all-in-one 2x8" drive and page-view monitor
>
> Of these computers, the CPT is the least known (to me). I can find only one
> mention of it on the Web and that guy didn't even have a boot disk for it.
> At least I have some 8" disks (don't know if it works yet, still got to do
> the preliminary check-out before applying power). One of the floppies says
> "Tandon CPT" on it (hand-written) and a sticker somewhere suggests it was
> built in Ireland. I'd appreciate some more info on it.

I have quite a few CPT 8" floppy disks, WORD Processing Format (or so
every floppy disk says). I knew that 99.99+ % of these were filled with
worthless junk (these came from the office secretaries for the Uof Minnesota
Geography department about 10 years ago). Most disks are clearly labeled
as having various papers that the office staff were responsible for typing.

However, I decided to get all those disks out and search for any unusual
floppies. And what do you know, I actually found something. I have some
original CPT disks from 82/83. They are labeled: "8500 series utilities",
"8500 series disk sort", "program Disk; Standard Word Processing;8515/25".

I also have a non-original disk that has this title typed by someone:
  "CPT Asyncronous Code Sets and Control Page".

I also found a pair of disks for a Quadritek 1200. Does anyone know
what this is? One is QUAD BASIC, th other is a user-made disk that is
labeled: TOS 5.03, and later it says TOS 6.03 3/2/82. Also I-Sets 1.04,
and Font Width Library.

-Lawrence LeMay