Doors anyone? (was DSD board)

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Sun Mar 7 22:19:19 1999

At 10:55 PM 3/7/99 -0500, Megan wrote:
(On the DSD board)
>See if there is a 'chip' which has bands of metal -- almost
>like a set of fuses... this is used to configure it.

Yup, and there is a jumper buried over on the side that is labelled "RX01
EN" (presumably to enable it as an RX01 controller).

So I think we've got it nailed as an RX01/RX02 controller, which is cool
since I've got an RX01 drive, but those are 8" drives and the connector is
only 26 pins. What I'm looking for is an M7555 or equivalent to control a
couple of RX33's on one of the uVaxen (and RX33s too). My plan being that
if I can re-configure a loadable media type on my second uVax it would be
something tradeable in the future.

And speaking of uVaxen, the uVax in the BA123 is missing the door that goes
over the drive write protect buttons and the plastic 'tongue' that is used
to keep the back panel shut. Anyone have a BA123 skins they would mind
plundering a bit?

I can trade you an RX02 controller for them :-)

--Chuck