Interesting to note about Altairs...

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 17:33:36 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Arfon Gryffydd wrote:

> Before I speak, let me point out that I am a rabid supporter of Linux and
> I wish all bad things to Bill Gates, the powers that drive Micro$oft,
> Micro$oft and Windblows. Now that I put that disclaimer out, Linux doesn't
> have a chance against Micro$oft. The vast majority of computer users (now
> and in the future) are idiots who don't care to learn anything other that
> 'click on this little picture to make it go'. Linux will do some damage in
> the server market and other places where you have to have someone with some
> computer smarts but, most corporate purse strings are again controlled by
> those same 'click-idiots'.

Yeah, you're right. All Linux development will stop dead right now,
nothing will be improved and everyone involved will forever leave Linux as
it is right now because why bother? Oh, and those fancy point and click
gooey's that people have already created like kde and StarOffice? Just
ignore them, they are mirages.

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]